Lamp and kitchen islands are more than functional objects. Installing a lighting fixture above the kitchen island creates a great visual point. Kitchen island lighting fixtures come in various styles, from elegant pendant lamps to industrial-style lamps. Here are 17 ideas you can try for the next kitchen project.
Table of Contents
- 1. Bronze Pendant Lamps with Pulley Mechanism
- 2. Modern Row Lights with Hammered Glass Shades
- 3. Rectangular Industrial Lamp with Edison Bulbs
- 4. Pendant “Chandelier” with Frosted Glass Shades
- 5. Farmhouse-style Lightings with Bronze Structure
- 6. Multiple Pendant Lamps from Mason Jars
- 7. Pendant Lamp Chandelier with Vintage Metal Shades
- 8. Pendant Lamp Chandelier with Flat Canopies
- 9. Modern Chandelier with Spiral Metal Cages
- 10. Globe Pendants with Mirrored Finish
- 11. Contemporary Crystal Pendant Lamps
- 12. Farmhouse Chandelier with Triangle Frames and Glass Canopies
- 13. Four-lamp Chandelier with Large Glass Canopy
- 14. Five-light Chandelier with Candle Bulbs
- 15. Pendant Lamp with Clear Glass Canopy
- 16. Vintage Pendant Lamps with Glass Canopies
- 17. Five-lamp Chandelier with Metal “Cages”
1. Bronze Pendant Lamps with Pulley Mechanism
This pendant lighting has a unique pulley mechanism to provide an industrial look in the kitchen or dining room. The vintage bulbs offer low-watt light that creates a moody atmosphere. The flattened canopies offer subtle elegance. The shape makes it ideal to be installed on any ceiling types, including the sloped one.
2. Modern Row Lights with Hammered Glass Shades
Hammered glass shades are perfect for modern kitchen light fixtures. The hammered glass can withstand the heat and frames all the vintage bulbs perfectly. The chrome bars have a free-swinging structure that helps to illuminate all areas in the room.
3. Rectangular Industrial Lamp with Edison Bulbs
Industrial island lighting is not always rough in design. This lamp consists of several Edison bulbs inside rectangular metal frames with the dark coating. Each bulb offers soft light that creates a moody atmosphere. The metal chains increase the industrial look without being excessively rough.
4. Pendant “Chandelier” with Frosted Glass Shades
This lamp combines modern chandelier design with multiple pendant lamps. Each lamp has beautiful white shades made of frosted glass, which creates a soft look. The lamps hang from the chic nickel structure that forms elegant curves at the end. Perfect for kitchen, living room, or dining room with modern style.
5. Farmhouse-style Lightings with Bronze Structure
This farmhouse island lighting offers a modern take of rural design. The curved glass shades and vintage bulbs offer a classic look. The metal structure has a dark bronze coating and adjustable parts. The lamp is perfect for a homey kitchen or dining room. The soft bulb light provides a warm, relaxing atmosphere.
6. Multiple Pendant Lamps from Mason Jars
Mason jars are perfect materials to create unique kitchen lamps. This lamp consists of several mason jars and vintage bulbs. Each lamp is connected to a wooden bar with five black wirings. The top parts of the jar and the wirings are coated in black for a stylish look.
7. Pendant Lamp Chandelier with Vintage Metal Shades
This modern chandelier consists of three pendant lamps on a metal structure. Each lamp has a vintage metal shade, providing industrial design element. However, the metal fixture has a dark coat, making it look very contemporary despite the old metal. The lamp’s height is adjustable, perfect for kitchen, dining room or living room.
8. Pendant Lamp Chandelier with Flat Canopies
This chandelier also consists of separate pendant lightings. However, the flattened canopies make it unique. Each pendant lighting uses a 60W bulb that provides a warm glow, although you are free to use any bulbs, from Edison to halogen. The black finish and slightly-curved canopies “soften” the industrial touch.
9. Modern Chandelier with Spiral Metal Cages
The three-lamp modern chandelier shows a unique design with its spiral metal cages. Each “cage” holds maximum 60W bulb (Edison bulb is recommended for a vintage look). The lamps hang from the black metal rod with a shiny, oily finish. The rod is adjustable, perfect for the kitchen, dining room, or living room.
10. Globe Pendants with Mirrored Finish
These hanging lights offer an elegant and warm look, thanks to their globe shapes, mirrored surfaces, and shiny metallic finish. The simple design makes the lamps perfect for any rooms, such as the kitchen, dining room, or living room. The cords have an adjustable height.
11. Contemporary Crystal Pendant Lamps
Inject glamor to your kitchen or dining room with modern crystal lamps. These pendant lamps have embellished crystal shades with black metal fixtures. The lamps hang from adjustable cords. Each lamp accommodates 40W bulb, perfect for creating an intimate atmosphere in the kitchen, dining room, or living room.
12. Farmhouse Chandelier with Triangle Frames and Glass Canopies
The combination of glass canopies, Edison bulbs, and triangle frames make this chandelier charming. This farmhouse lamp is perfect for creating rustic elegance. The lamps hang from a pair of twisted metal rods with a black finish. Each lamp accommodates a maximum 60W bulb.
13. Four-lamp Chandelier with Large Glass Canopy
All the bulbs in this four-lamp chandelier are contained in large glass canopy. The design creates a unique industrial look, especially if paired with Edison bulbs. The black metal coat creates a modern, elegant look, which softens the rough industrial element. The lamp hangs from sleek iron rods, attached to a metal bar.
14. Five-light Chandelier with Candle Bulbs
This modern, five-light chandelier creates a romantic atmosphere in the kitchen, dining room, or living room. The lamp has five candle-like bulbs inside a glass canopy. The lamp hangs from metal rods, and all the fixtures are coated with dark bronze. This lamp is perfect if you have a flat ceiling.
15. Pendant Lamp with Clear Glass Canopy
This single pendant lamp has clear glass shaped into an elegant design. The lamp hangs from a single metal rod with a dark coat, creating simple elegance. The retro design looks more charming when an Edison bulb is added. The lamp is perfect for creating a clean aesthetic.
16. Vintage Pendant Lamps with Glass Canopies
These lamps offer simple industrial beauty, with flat glass canopies and brass-coated metal rods. The curved canopy design helps soften the industrial look, while the brass adds a subtle luxury feeling. Edison bulbs make the vintage look more prominent.
17. Five-lamp Chandelier with Metal “Cages”
This five-lamp chandelier offers impressive, modern beauty. Each bulb is surrounded by a modern metal “cage,” hanging from a dark metal rod. Two sleeker metal rods connect the lamp to the ceiling. The entire design has a vintage feeling but still looks modern. Perfect for creating a statement in a kitchen.
These kitchen island lighting ideas offer modern elegance and moody glow. They are perfect for creating an interesting aesthetic in your kitchen (although they are also perfect in other rooms). Choose one of these lights to embellish your kitchen or dining area.