Many design enthusiasts find mid-century modern style in architecture and interior design astonishing. Developed from 1945 to 1975, this style focuses on the simplicity of the forms, minimalist ornamentation, and high functionality. With a few adjustments, you can apply this style to the living room.
Now it’s your turn to infuse a mid-century decor vibe to your living room! Here’s 20 breathtaking mid-century modern living room ideas to try.
Table of Contents
- 1. Modern Living Room with Classic Brown Interior
- 2. Classic Modern Living Room
- 3. Mix and Match Living Room
- 4. Eclectic Urban Living Room
- 5. Contemporary Living Room
- 6. Vintage Mid-Century Modern Living Room
- 7. Eclectic Mid-Century Modern Living Room
- 8. Modern Mid-Leaving Century Living Room with Wooden Floor
- 9. Spacious Modern Living Room with Persian Rug
- 10. Minimalist Classic Ivory Living Room
- 11. Classic Luxurious Ivory Living Room
- 12. Mid-Century Living Room with Sunset Color
- 13. All White Modern and Minimalist Living Room
- 14. Eclectic Scandinavian Living Room
- 15. Minimalist Living Room with Vintage Moroccan Rug
- 16. Mid-Century Modern Living Room with Wood Combination
- 17. Mod Visionary Mid-century Modern Living Room
- 18. White Living Room with a Rocking Chair
- 19. Eclectic Modern Mid-century Living Room with Black and White Rug
- 20. Modern Gray Living Room with Wood-Backed Sofa
1. Modern Living Room with Classic Brown Interior
Create an open living room with a classic interior wrapped in a simple color combination of white and brown. The brown color of the sofa, the rug, and the floor keeps the atmosphere in the living room warm. Some faux fur sofa pillows, a wooden table, and wooden ornament join the squads.
2. Classic Modern Living Room
The combination of elegant white, grey, and brown for living rooms will never get old. Color the living room with the contrast of a grey and white velvet sofa and a leather sofa to create the classic modern style. A large wool rug strengthens the concept.
3. Mix and Match Living Room
Mix and match style will do good to the spacious living room. The contrast of the vibrant velvet sofa, rug, and the painting against the dark grey walls makes your living room livelier. Add a small faux fur rug for a stylish ornament.
4. Eclectic Urban Living Room
Try an eclectic urban style interior for your living room. This style infuses many different colors. Apply this style by choosing different colorful sofas and a rug. Install a suspended lamp on the ceiling to give it a cool contrast.
5. Contemporary Living Room
Perfect the contemporary concept by focusing on two different color sofas and the pillows. A brown rug layered with an ethnic rug creates a contrast between the rug and the wooden floor. A floor lamp and a floating bookshelf will complete the interior.
6. Vintage Mid-Century Modern Living Room
The secret to creating a vintage interior in the long living room is the design and the decoration. A long grey velvet sofa and a leather chair match perfectly with the cream-colored table and rug. A suspended lamp on the ceiling gives a vintage touch.
7. Eclectic Mid-Century Modern Living Room
The eclectic mid-century modern style makes the different colors work in harmony. The wool rug with the geometric pattern match with the grey sofa, white chairs, and leather sofa. The wooden table and the floor lamp make the decoration pretty astonishing.
8. Modern Mid-Leaving Century Living Room with Wooden Floor
The point of a mid-century modern living room is mix and match of different materials and colors in a room. The wooden floor, the sofas and the chair match perfectly with the color and the texture of the rug. The table in the center, the hanging lamps, and the floating shelves make the living room more polished.
9. Spacious Modern Living Room with Persian Rug
Even though the mid-century modern living room style works the best for a small room, you can explore the concept more for a spacious living room. Place a grey sofa and set up one of the mid-century modern rugs, Persian rug. The rattan table gives a statement in contrast with the grey sofa and the white walls. A chandelier becomes a chic touch for your living room interior.
10. Minimalist Classic Ivory Living Room
Create a minimalist classic ivory living room by emphasizing the interior design. Place a sofa and a large rug in the living room. Add other ornaments, like a plant, a lamp, a painting, and a faux fur pillow.
11. Classic Luxurious Ivory Living Room
The combination of brown and ivory furniture in a living room creates a perfect elegance. Bring a set of the brown mid-century modern leather sofa into the living room to give it a classy touch. Meanwhile, a wool rug and wool seats accentuate the ivory interior.
12. Mid-Century Living Room with Sunset Color
Mid-century living room concept is no longer about simplicity. Now you can adopt the sunset and wooden color to the living room, and still make it classy. Complete the interior with a colorful rug, a leather sofa, and a table to create a perfect combination. Hang several molded lamps on the ceiling for the best lighting.
13. All White Modern and Minimalist Living Room
You still can have a great interior living room even though you live in an apartment. All-white modern and minimalist interior is an effortless choice to make the room more spacious. Besides, the color creates great lighting. Take the all-white sofa and a white wool rug in the living room. Use a wooden table, a chair, and a layered rug to create a classy contrast.
Eclectic design goes together with the Scandinavian interior. You can combine both designs and bring a modern, warm touch. With a rug, a velvet sofa, and a hanging lamp, you still can accentuate the simplicity. Some ornaments like faux fur pillows and rattan chairs make your living room livelier.
15. Minimalist Living Room with Vintage Moroccan Rug
Creating a living room with a minimalist concept is quite easy. All you need is basic furniture like a white sofa, a table, and a drawer. Give a green touch with some indoor plants. To make the room more pleasing, add a vintage Moroccan rug.
16. Mid-Century Modern Living Room with Wood Combination
Create a unique interior design by combining natural wood ornaments with metallic accents. This updated mid-century interior concept will accentuate the wooden touch from the tables. For the metallic accents, simply place some metallic hanging lamps.
17. Mod Visionary Mid-century Modern Living Room
Mod visionary style makes a more comfortable and approachable living room. To bring this modern living room concept to life, place a velvet sofa, a linen rug, a metal floor lamp, and a natural wood table in one room. This concept will take your living room to modern finishes.
18. White Living Room with a Rocking Chair
If you love your spacious living room with a minimum of mid-century décor, get a white sofa and a small rug. The minimalist tables, a green plant, and some paintings will keep your living room polished. Add a rocking chair to give a unique touch.
19. Eclectic Modern Mid-century Living Room with Black and White Rug
The eclectic concept offers inspiring ideas to explore. The combination of a velvet sofa, wooden chairs, and plastic chairs will create an attractive, dynamic living room. Set up a black and white rug to show the contrast against the wooden floor, the chairs, and a sofa.
20. Modern Gray Living Room with Wood-Backed Sofa
Explore the interior concept for a small living room. Paint the walls in gray and get a wood-backed sofa, also in grey. Bring other colored ornaments to keep the living room lively. Design and build a simple white fireplace to bring a vintage touch.
In conclusion, 20 ideas for designing mid-century modern living make the living room more elegant and luxurious. Hope the list gives some inspiration to create the best interior for your living room?