From various upgrades to add in a house, floor to ceiling windows are among the most dramatic. Having these windows will quickly transform any room. They are large, allowing much natural light, but of course with several downsides.
Are you interested in installing floor to ceiling windows? Read this guide first, so you have the right expectations.
Table of Contents
- A. Pros and Cons of Floor to Ceiling Windows
- B. How Much is the Price for Floor to Ceiling Windows?
- C. Inspirations for Floor to Ceiling Windows
- 1. White-framed Windows with Curved Panels
- 2. Full Windows with Forest View
- 3. Large Windows for Spacious Living Room
- 4. Square French Windows for Bohemian Room
- 5. French Window “Walls” for Dining Room
- 6. Solid Floor to Ceiling Windows
- 7. Ceiling to Floor Windows in a Bungalow
- 8. Ceiling to Floor Windows in Rustic Farmhouse Home
- 9. Smooth Floor to Ceiling Windows
- 10. Small Dining Room with Large, Elegant Windows
- 11. Beautiful Bedroom Windows in Backyard Garden
- 12. Floor to Ceiling Lamps with Black Tiles
- 13. Large Glass Panel Window for Family Room
- 14. Large Windows for Contemporary Living Room
- 15. Glass Window “Wall” in a Modern Living Room
A. Pros and Cons of Floor to Ceiling Windows
Installing floor to ceiling windows presents you with a set of pros and cons. Understand them before paying extra for such large glass windows.
- More natural light (which means saving more energy)
- More visual access to natural beauty outside
- Improving a small house, making it look more spacious
- Improving a regular house, making it more interesting
- Offering less privacy than regular windows
- Prone to vandalism, such as rock-throwing
- More expensive in installation, glazing, and special frames
- More difficult to clean and maintain
These windows can also heat a room more quickly, which demands more installation products to prevent extreme temperature exposure.
B. How Much is the Price for Floor to Ceiling Windows?
Calculating floor to ceiling window cost can be difficult because it depends on the exact calculations. If you choose wall-style windows (large, solid plates that extend from top to bottom), you should pay between USD700 and USD1,600 per foot.
If you like something unique, try a curved window. It does not reach the ceiling because of the shape. Expect to pay USD450 for every foot. The costs will add up if you ask for extra features, such as special glaze, custom shape, or double pane.
C. Inspirations for Floor to Ceiling Windows
Floor to ceiling windows is starting to get renewed popularity. They provide an energy-saving alternative for new generations looking for green housing options.
Looking for inspirations? Here are 15 ideas for floor to ceiling windows you can copy.
1. White-framed Windows with Curved Panels
These windows have curved glass panels on top as the ornaments. The panels have an elegant French window style. They give a perfect view of the outdoor terrace, backyard garden, and trees. The blue linings on the white carpet look perfect when paired with the windows.
2. Full Windows with Forest View
These large windows offer a beautiful view of the small forest behind the property. The thin dark frames add edgy touch without losing elegance. White walls and light brown cabinets (and floor) help to ground these characters.
3. Large Windows for Spacious Living Room
These multiple large windows are perfect for a large living room. Their heights were adjusted to the sloped ceiling (and roofing). The windows have large white frames, which go nicely with dark-colored wood.
4. Square French Windows for Bohemian Room
These windows adorn a modern Bohemian-style bedroom. The French windows pair nicely with patterned fabric and lounging chair. Placing a hat stand between two corner windows create a strong statement.
5. French Window “Walls” for Dining Room
These French windows also serve as transparent “walls” in the dining room. They also allow enough natural light and warmth, perfect for a nice meal or social event. The black frames pair nicely with the white rug, farmhouse furniture, and open shelves with ceramic collections.
6. Solid Floor to Ceiling Windows
Want to enjoy the forest but refuse to get out? Install a solid metal glass panel so you can enjoy the garden. The glass panel has no other ornament, so your view is not unobstructed. The wooden floor and stairs pair nicely to the window.
7. Ceiling to Floor Windows in a Bungalow
Do you have a villa or bungalow-style holiday house? Decorate it with ceiling to floor windows. These windows can serve as private sliding doors, allowing cold weather to seep in.
8. Ceiling to Floor Windows in Rustic Farmhouse Home
Ceiling to floor windows is identical to modern or contemporary design. However, these glass panels were installed in a farmhouse-style house, with rustic interior design. The window opens to reveal the USD50 book.
9. Smooth Floor to Ceiling Windows
These floor to ceiling windows is great; providing an amazing view of a snowy area. This ice cream also wins the eyes. It pairs nicely with several sofa sets, modern fireplace, and contemporary “ring” lamps.
10. Small Dining Room with Large, Elegant Windows
This small dining room becomes brighter with the coming of the light. Two tall windows are equipped with curtains so homeowners can protect their privacy.
11. Beautiful Bedroom Windows in Backyard Garden
This bedroom has beautiful glass windows that provide views to the garden or forest. The bedroom has a minimalistic style because the outdoor view provides enough decorative element. A framed artwork became the only decoration in this room.
12. Floor to Ceiling Lamps with Black Tiles
These floor to ceiling window has strong dark frames. However, the black tile around the fireplace complements the entire look. A brown sofa set and black ceiling fan create a more modern look.
13. Large Glass Panel Window for Family Room
This family room has a full floor to ceiling window, providing excellent view and natural light toward this common room. The door also consists of a large glass panel. An L-shaped sofa is located next to the window, providing a nice spot to enjoy the view.
14. Large Windows for Contemporary Living Room
This contemporary living room has several glass panel windows that face the swimming pool. They also serve as doors, which give you direct access to the exterior. The contemporary furniture and abstract artworks make this room an interesting place to hang out.
15. Glass Window “Wall” in a Modern Living Room
This modern minimalistic living room has a large glass panel “wall”, which provides views toward the garden. A fireplace, a big screen, and several seating areas. This place is ideal for a social event, hangout, or birthday party.
Installing floor to ceiling windows is not easy. You must consider the sizes, dimensions, materials, and many more. However, these windows will provide a lot of natural light and extra access to the outdoor!