Tree removal is a complicated process with several steps. If you are considering getting a tree removed, you must have several questions in your mind. It may be “how it’s done” or “how much should tree removal cost.”
Don’t worry; we have got you covered. We understand how troublesome it may be for you; therefore, we have answered all your questions.
Below are all the frequently asked tree removal questions answered.
1. Why do I need tree removal?
There are several reasons why people opt for tree removal. Below are some of them:
- A lot of times, there are trees in your vicinity that have grown too old and lost their stability. These trees pose a safety threat to their surrounding people and building, especially if they are big and bulky. If you have any such trees around your place, you can opt for tree removal.
- Many people also go for tree removal to remove trees that are damaging the shrubs or other small plants around them. These trees may already be dead or decaying.
- Tree removal is also done to make more space for establishments. However, in such cases, you should go through the government regulations for tree removal activities before you begin with the process.
- Trees are also removed when they prevent the growth of other trees around them. They may be taking up a lot of nutrients, leaving none for the other plans. There can even be a case of overcrowding.
2. What is the process?
There are several ways to remove a tree; it depends upon the company you decide to hire. Below is the step to step guide on how a tree is usually removed from an area:
- Firstly, the branches of the tree are cut down one by one. Once all the branches have been cut down, they are taken away by the company providing the services.
- Secondly, the professionals cut down the trunk into smaller sections. Making small cuts make it easier for the tree to be removed.
- Lastly, the tree is reduced to a stump.
There are also some additional services that companies provide with extra charges. These are:
- Stump grinding
- Branch chipping
- Trunk hauling
- Splitting the trunks
3. Which factors affect the cost?
The cost of tree removal will depend upon different factors; these are:
- Diameter of Tree: Thicker trees require more removal charges. Along with thickness, the type of tree also affects the cost of tree removal.
- Condition of Tree: The condition of a tree mainly refers to its age. If the tree you’re looking to remove is old, has grown more branches, or is leaning on one side, its removal will cost more than usual.
- Dead Trees: You cannot estimate the cost of removing a dead tree. It can either be too little or too much. The charges are affected by how accessible the tree is.
- Tree Height: Tree height is one of the major factors on which the cost of tree removal depends. The taller the tree, the more expensive the removal will be.
- Location of Tree: The location of the tree determines the number of precautions needed for removal. Moreover, if the tree is easy to remove, it won’t cost much to remove it.
4. What is the average cost?
As mentioned above, there are several factors that affect the cost of tree removal. However, you can expect to pay charges from $100 to $2000. In the end, it depends upon the factors mentioned above.
For your comfort, below is a guide to the cost of tree removal:
- Small Tree: $165 to $578
- Medium Tree: $231 to $1000+
- Large Tree: $529 to $1300
- Huge Tree: $1200 to $1800
- Pine Tree: under 40 feet; $264, taller than 40 feet; $1900+
- Oak Tree Removal: $264 to $1300
- Fallen Tree Removal: $99 to $198
5. Should I hire a professional?
Many people wonder if they should hire a professional for tree removal or do it themselves. The answer is you should hire a professional. The task is not an easy one; you will have to step by step cut the whole tree down, which is troublesome.
Moreover, the process is not entirely safe. Therefore, you should trust a professional for the same. You should also remember the task is time-consuming and should be done with proper precautions.
Professionals are trained to work meticulously and carefully, which cannot be imitated by a layman.
6. Tips for hiring tree removing services
As we mentioned before, you should go for a professional service. There are some tips that make sure you hire the best possible tree removal service. Below are some of these tips:
- Go for a service provided that is reputed. Check through their reviews and references to make sure they are trustworthy.
- Ask for a quote before you employ the services.
- Check their prices and compare with other service providers to make sure they aren’t overcharging.