When your friends or guests come to your home, your lounge is the first place to leave impactful impressions.
But has your lounge started feeling dull and monotonous with the same old decorations for quite a long time? Don’t worry! It can happen, and the solution is just as simple as that!
Read the following ideas to find out what you need to do with your lifeless lounge.
1. Start from the Below
If your lounge’s floor is bare, you can add a rug or carpet to create a structure so that the room looks well defined. Also, they are great for creating a grounded feeling in your room.
- Use rugs with colors and patterns to add a sense of energy to the lounge.
- Make sure to pick the right carpet size and place it proportionately. Oversize rugs make the room look smaller. A good rule of thumb is to buy a carpet that will leave about 8–10 inches between its edges and living room walls.
- You may use rug wool or woven texture rugs to add color and vibrancy to your room.
- You can also choose to use a geometric rug that is both vivid and comfortable. Alternatively, you can go for a textured carpet in a single color to create visual interest.
2. Organize Your Living Room and Clean it up
In most situations, the lounge serves as a crucial space for family activities. So, it’s only normal for your lounge to end up messy and cluttered. But the solution to this problem is as simple as that.
- You can re-decorate your lounge, add some vibrant colors, hang some beautiful art, go for lounge suite cleaning, re-organize your stuff, and give your lounge some space to breathe so you can move comfortably.
- Clean your lounge, including every single item in it. Clean the floor, sofa, table, shelf, arts, and everything. If you can’t do it yourself, hire professionals.
- Get rid of necessary things lying around your lounge. The more cutter you have, the more claustrophobic and unwelcoming your place will be.
- Once you clear out all unrequired stuff and clean your space, you may not even need to buy new things for your lounge to make it look better.
- But if necessary, purchase new things to replace old items that have worn off. Because they don’t look good when kept on display.
3. Create Contrast In Your Lounge
When you create color contrast, everything stands out and looks more attractive. Creating contrast in your lounge is a clever way to make it more exciting.
- Use dark colors and block lights on base objects so that your patterns look more vibrant and the colors stand out.
- When choosing rugs or carpets, you can select colors already present in your lounge to subtly match the color tones.
- Add a splash of colors. Adding color to a room, whether with vivid wall colors or throw cushions, is the simplest way to make a big difference. Avoid looking too ‘matchy-matchy.’ Rather, create a steady yet colorful atmosphere and carefully scatter the colors around the room.
4. Add Some Art
You can place some eye-catching art in your room to bring life to your lounge. Through art, you can quickly bring pattern and color to your lounge and make it look more attractive to people.
- Choose art pieces with lots of patterns and see how they become the show stoppers for your lounge.
- You can also add some personal touch to your lounge by displaying something meaningful and unique. For example, put your family photo on display or some beautiful quotes to create a more home-like vibe.
5. Add some greenery
What’s better than a bit of greenery to give you a breath of fresh air in your favorite room?
- To bring in that refreshing splash of green, add some cacti, succulents, or indoor blooming plants.
- You may also place some herb pots in your lounge to make it more lively along with expanding your kitchen gardening skills.
- You can also hang a wonderful little globe-type terrarium or place a medium-sized terrarium like a mini-glasshouse.
- If you love indoor plants, you may even use an entire shelf in the lounge for a row of several plant varieties.
6. Slick Up Your Center Table
Your center or coffee table in your lounge says a lot about you and your taste. So beautify your center table using a vase and some beautiful fresh flowers. And that way you can bring some of nature into your room.
Imagine a cup of coffee and some books on your center table. This is how you do it! Remove clutter and stack around three or four inspiring books of the same size and color.
7. Choose the Right Cushions
Cushions are comforting and contribute to the overall atmosphere in the living room. They’re a safe way to execute if you want to add a splash of color to your house.
Follow the smart ways to pattern-cash your cushions playfully and enhance your room’s overall looks.
8. Light Up Your Lounge
No matter how beautifully organized and decorated your lounge is, it will still be incomplete if it isn’t well-lit. You must use proper lighting to set the right mood and highlight distinct spaces in your lounge.
- Look for ambient, soft light to make your room and the people in your room feel good.
- Task lighting becomes crucial if you have the habit of reading poetry or other books or love to play chess in your lounge.
- A chandelier and table lamp that casts lovely ambient lighting provides an exquisite touch.
- To supplement the daylight, utilize sconces or floor lamps anywhere practical.
- In the case of choosing a table lamp, first, decide where you will place the table. Make sure the sizes of table and table lamps are proportionate; don’t buy a large table lamp for a small table.
9. Allow Your Furniture To Breathe
It doesn’t look good if you have furniture pushed up against the wall.
It’s a common mistake that we want to push everything up against the walls and leave some space in the middle of the room. As a result, the color of the walls tarnishes and starts to peel off.
So, move your sofa away from the walls and let it breathe. Try keeping a six inches gap between your walls and furniture to give enough space.
10. Restyle Your Lounge
At times, after living a long time in the same styled lounge, you can feel like you have been living here for an eternity in monotonous and boredom. That’s the time when you need to restyle your lounge.
Some minor adjustments do make a dramatic difference.
- You can change the position of the sofa.
- Tilt your table and place your ottomans in a new yet practical place.
- Move your furniture around to make your lounge look more colorful and spacious without spending any money.
- You may select a corner to set up a comfy chair with throws and pillows to make a spot for reading your book or watching TV.
The Lounge is an essential space for both personal and private gatherings. Because this is the first room people see whenever they come to your house, it becomes crucial to style it in a way that screams you, your taste, and your personality.
So, whenever your lounge feels colorless and dull, bring it back to life according to your preferences and how you want it to look. Once you know what you want, every decision becomes easy.
We hope our tips and ideas were somewhat helpful to you in making your lounge feel more lively.