Knowing some styles of decoration is essential for anyone thinking about transforming the home. After all, this investment should not only improve the spaces of the environments and the functionality of everyday life.
The decoration should also show your personality and what you like and for that, only better understanding your style of decoration.
So it is essential to find out which style of decoration suits you best and emphasize your individuality – leaving the house with your face and your way! It is also easier to think about decoration and find the right pieces if you already know and know your style.
Want to know more about it? So, how about finding out about the main styles of decoration? Come on?
1. Decoration Style: Cool
The Cool style has the ideal decoration for those looking for a more relaxed and fun environment.
This style is for those who like to play with colors, those who love furniture with signed design and vintage appliances, and those who want to give that personal touch to the environment. A decoration with a lot of personality, simple and modern. Cool Style Tips:
- How about creating a retro kitchen? A colorful vintage fridge can complete the look, combining style and functionality!
- Choose furniture with a clean and modern design: tiny tables and round couches or sofas with toothpick feet, wooden armchairs with vintage style, vibrant colored side tables.
- Use pictures, stickers, and pictures on the walls that reflect what you like. Posters of films or artists, specific themes, abstract drawings with a lot of color. Choose what you like best, as they will communicate what you are.
- Create an unusual color palette, playing with vibrant, neutral colors. You can choose colorful furniture and use gray on the walls, or make a colorful mural and repeat some of it on the furniture.
- Adding unique key holder to reflect your personality will also add additional coolness to your already nice home décor. Click here to go to homelilys.com for unique key holder ideas.
The Cool style allows a lot of invention and creativity, so be careful not to overdo it! Always remember that harmony is very important, even in the most irreverent styles.
If you want a super personalized decoration but are afraid of making mistakes, you can seek the help of a decoration professional to assist in the composition of the environment.
2. Decoration Style: Minimalist
This style seeks to create an environment with only the essential items for your day-to-day. The motto of Minimalism is “less is more”, always! The result is an organized and clean space, without excesses or many objects.
Minimalist decoration has an effect of peace and tranquility, giving a feeling of detachment from everything that is unnecessary and superficial.
Minimalist style tips:
- Think first about the arrangement of the furniture. Choose what you really use, give up the rest.
- Select practical furniture with a clean design. Remember that this style does not leave objects in sight, so choose furniture where you can keep the mess.
- Use a neutral color palette: black, white, gray, and cream always go with everything! The environment is light and harmonious, with the advantage of not having much error in the combinations.
- Create well-lit environments using natural light to the fullest. For artificial light, more focused lighting can enhance some points of the environment. For example, a floor lamp highlighting the armchair, or a lower chandelier over the dining table.
- Use a minimum of decorative pieces. Frames and pillows are preferred, but you can also use useful objects as decoration.
Once you’ve reached your minimal environment, this is one of the easiest styles to match. The most difficult thing is to practice detachment, create a space with few and pieces and keep it always organized.
For those who take up the challenge, the result can be beautiful and liberating!
3. Decoration Style: Industrial
Increasingly used, the industrial style is here to stay. It is perfect for those looking to create different environments with a lot of personalities.
This style’s great inspiration are the industrial warehouses, with their apparent pipes, unfinished walls, large windows, and high ceilings. But nowadays, you can adapt this style in any apartment, even the most compact ones. Want to know how?
Tips for Industrial style:
- Use gray on the walls, or a finish that resembles a rustic wall, such as burnt cement and bricks.
- Choose practical furniture that uses wood and metal, preferably without finishing.
- Do you have a very old, rusty iron table? Or a worn-out leather chair? You can incorporate them into the decor.
- Use a color palette that harmonizes sober tones, such as brown, gray and black, with warm colors, such as red and orange.
- Fancy the rugs, pillows, and blankets to make the environment cozy.
The Industrial style plays with a more sober and improvised space, but it also brings warmth and a feeling of being at home.
4. Decoration Style: Modern
The modern style values a clean and sophisticated environment. The furniture has a different design, the colors are balanced and harmonious, the decoration pieces are chic and modern.
This style’s secret is a neutral and elegant decoration, but with some highlights: a vibrant color that appears in the painting and on the cushions, an unusual piece, a composition with mirrors. The result is a pleasant, sophisticated and surprising environment.
Tips for the Modern style:
- Use decorative pieces, frames, and prints to insert color. Choose a more vibrant color to compose with more neutral tones. For example, yellow and turquoise look beautiful with white and gray, while magenta rocks along with brown and cream.
- Use wood: in finishes, furniture, decoration pieces. It brings elegance and warmth, which combine with style.
- Fancy lighting, to further enhance the environment. Indirect light is ideal, with crown molding and recessed lighting. But you can also use a beautiful chandelier and some floor and table lamps.