Regular preventive maintenance of air conditioners, which should be carried out according to all the rules, is a guarantee of qualitative and long-lasting operation of climate control equipment, a guarantee of prevention of serious breakdowns and accidents.
After all, during air condition repairs, professionals not only clean all the key elements of the equipment, but they also perform antibacterial treatment of filters and heat exchanger, check the tightness of the outside unit and all modes of air conditioner, replacement of seals, elimination of noises, etc.
1. Professional maintenance of the HVAC system
Professional maintenance of the heating system allows you to achieve maximum efficiency from its work and maintain the specified level of heat transfer. At the same time, fuel (energy resource) consumption will not increase.
Maintenance of gas and solid fuel equipment includes checking the system of combustion products removal (chimney, hood).
With this type of equipment, timely service of heating – a guarantee of safety to users, as the cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in our time – a fairly common occurrence.
When should you have your equipment serviced and what are the procedures for doing so:
- Preventive inspection. It is performed before the beginning of autumn frosts and includes the cleaning of the equipment circuit and the replacement of the heating fluid.
After the cleaning has been carried out, the technician checks the device for defects by increasing the pressure on it. Based on the results of this diagnosis, appropriate measures will be taken, such as repair and replacement of pipes, and other key elements of the system.
Also, prevention includes checking the performance of all the key parts of the technique: pumps, tanks, and others.
- Inspection if the user has complaints about malfunctions during operation and reduced efficiency of the equipment.
Since heating circuits are quite expensive, the best option to maintain their performance and extend their life is to conduct regular preventive inspections.
In this way, it is possible to reduce the risk of accidents and prevent the formation of failures that cannot be repaired.
2. Residential Heating Maintenance
Heating maintenance includes a multi-level inspection of each key element of your unit. Preventive types of work have a certain seasonality, and also depend on the regulatory frequency.
They are aimed at eliminating and preventing the occurrence of any breakdowns that can lead to a malfunction of the unit. Timely preventive maintenance gives a guarantee of uninterrupted operation of all systems even at high loads.
3. What is Included in Air Conditioner Maintenance?
Maintenance of air conditioners includes various activities. Carrying out such maintenance on your own is highly discouraged.
Air conditioning systems have complex devices, so without the right knowledge, skills, experience, and professional tools, you can not do without. Only qualified specialists in ventilation and air conditioning will perform such work qualitatively.
- Outdoor unit maintenance. The outdoor unit constantly drives dirty air from the street through itself, especially if we are talking about big cities, where there are a lot of cars and harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
Dirt, dust, and mechanical impurities settle on the walls of the heat exchanger. This reduces the performance of the equipment, increasing the risk of serious damage.
- Maintenance of the indoor unit. The indoor unit has filters, which can also become fouled, resulting in reduced airflow. Contaminants and pathogenic bacteria gradually accumulate on the filters.
To avoid breathing “bad” air, it is recommended to clean and change the filters regularly. If a system with several indoor units is installed, each of them must be serviced.
- Freon is topping up. The air conditioner consists of indoor and outdoor units connected by tubes through which freon flows. In a year, up to 10% of freon evaporates, and when this level becomes critically low, it is necessary to top up freon.
And even the most expensive and perfect system of air-conditioning needs such replenishment. Freon evaporation is a natural and quite normal process.
4. Important Nuances
Do not repair the air conditioner by yourself. Diagnostics and repair must be performed only by a qualified specialist.
Your attempts to find out the reason for his improper work can provoke the worsening of the problem, which will require more complicated and expensive repairs in the future.
It refers to any kind of conditioner, including inverter and channel conditioner. Do not use a broken air conditioner. In the beginning, the equipment may only make noise.
However, if you ignore the improper operation of the unit, it threatens to turn into much more serious problems and even the need for major repairs.
When heating equipment is purchased, it comes with a warranty that includes the owner’s obligation to follow maintenance intervals and operating rules. Thus, heating service allows you to retain the right to warranty-free service.
In other words, during the warranty period, breakdowns are repaired at the manufacturer’s expense, not at the user’s personal expense.
Timely replacement of worn-out parts and elements identified during the inspection and testing of the system minimizes the risk of serious breakdowns and costly repairs.